Mentor Recognition Program
The American Meat Science Association (AMSA) mentor recognition program gives members a unique avenue to recognize the professional mentors or colleagues who have influenced their careers. The program allows such members to make a contribution designated for special activities in the name of the honored person.
Current Mentor Recognitions
Recognition of a Meat Science Mentor
- A formalized fully funded Meat Science Mentor Recognition established with the AMSA Educational Foundation will provide the following:
- Public recognition for the professional accomplishments of a member of AMSA whose contributions to meat sciences have been national/international in scope.
- Both recognition of and on-going financial support for an area championed by the honoree in the form of an endowment established for a specific purpose. ($15,000 or greater)
- Recognition of honored individuals and donors in an annual publication of the Association.
- A plaque presented to the honoree.
Procedures and Polices for Establishing a Mentor Recognition
Frequently Asked Questions about the Mentor Program