The International Intercollegiate Meat Judging Contest was held November 14, 2004 at Tyson Fresh Meats in Dakota City, Nebraska.
- Cory Rains, Texas Tech University
- Jennifer Knight, Fresno State University
- Christine Leick, University of Illinois
- Amanda Rigdon, South Dakota State University
- Jessica Henderson, Texas A&M University
- Sidney Cunningham, Oklahoma State University
- Blake Coates, Texas Tech University
- Jason Jordan, Colorado State University
- Josh Powell, Texas A&M University
- Jesse Faber, University of Illinois
Top 5 Teams
- Texas A&M University
- Texas Tech University
- South Dakota State University
- University of Illinois
- Kansas State University
In total, 48 contestants from 12 teams participated in the contest.
Awards were sponsored by American Meat Institute, American Meat Science Association, the American Hereford Association, Equity Group, Jennie and David Meeker, Livestock and Seed Program, Agricultural Marketing Service, USDA, National Block and Bridle Club, National Lamb Feeders Association, National Pork Board, Pinkerton Communications, Red Angus Association of America, South Dakota Beef Industry Council, Swift & Company, West Texas A&M University- Cattlemen's Carcass Data Service and Dr. Jim Wise. Tyson Fresh Meats sponsored the coaches and contestants dinners. Tyson Fresh Meats and Certified Angus Beef sponsored the awards banquet.