During the 2016 Meat Judging season, Food Safety Net Services generously sponsored $1000 scholarships to the total contest individual at each major AMSA meat judging contest. “Meat Judging has been a passion of mine since I was a freshman in High School. After graduation, I went on to judge and coach at Texas A&M University under the guidance of Albert Usener and Dr. Gary Smith,” said John Bellinger, CEO of Food Safety Net Services.
Contestants were eligible to receive the scholarship once, if the top individual had already received a scholarship it then went to the next eligible high individual. Twelve individuals from different universities were the recipients of the 2016 scholarships. AMSA shares a strong commitment to developing the next generation of meat scientists which is made possible with the support of our sustaining partners, like Food Safety Net Services.
AMSA and Food Safety Net Services would like to congratulations this year’s scholarship recipients winners!
· Senior Division – William Fletcher, Texas Tech University
· A Division – Leah Parsons, Garden City Community College
· Senior Division – Madison Comes, Colorado State University
· A Division – Adrian Longoria, Garden City Community College
· Senior Division – Jessica Humphrey, Texas Tech University
· A Division – Courteney Walker, Clarendon College
· Senior Division – Kirby Bohls, Texas A&M University
Elanco Animal Health American Royal
· Senior Division – Cole Perkins, Texas Tech University
· A Division – Dyllan Galligan, Clarendon College
Cargill High Plains
· Senior Division - Kye Schwartz, Texas Tech University
· A Division – Katie Thoden, Fort Scott Community College
· Senior Division – Juliana Albrecht, Oklahoma State University
Food Safety Net Services, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a national network of ISO 17025 accredited testing laboratories providing expert technical resources that assist companies with implementing food safety and quality programs that deliver critical information needed to continually improve process controls.
Food Safety Net Services has been a longtime supporter of the meat judging program and the annual Intercollegiate Meat Judging Meritorious Service Award. AMSA would like to recognize and sincerely say thank Food Safety Net Services for all of their continued support.